Samuel Aubin, producer at the heart of Rhizome, has also directed several documentaries and fictional short films:
- La chambre noire de Khuong Mê, 63mn documentary, produced by Balthazar Productions, 2001.
- Épopée, 20mn fiction film, produced by 31 juin Films, 2004.
- Vestiges d'un film perdu, en devenir, video installation exhibited in Résonance, Contemporary Art Biennal in Lyon, 2009.
- Encore des histoires d'amour! 78mn documentary/autofiction, produced by Rhizome, 2014.
He is also a transmedia project creator :
- C'est par là... exhibited at London's pixel market.
- Une nouvelle région du monde
And he is currently working on writing a full-length fiction film Eden et les autres, a comedy co-written with the novelist and scriptwriter Gaïa Guatsi.
Samuel Aubin is also a trainer under the Eurasiadoc programme (in connection with Docmonde and Ardèche Images), he coordinates Eurasiadoc's actions in Central Asia and in Turkey, and he teaches creative documentary, in partnership with Christophe Postic in Almaty's Academy of Fine Arts, in Kazakhstan, in cooperation with Grenoble 3 University's Master of Documentary Filmmaking.
He is also a trainer within the Ecran Libre association, which organizes filmmakers' residences in the Rhone-Alpes région.
Rouse : Rhizome Production - 2016