Thelma (2017)
Nico, 1988 (2017)
The Charmer (2017)
Lots of Kids, a Monkey and a Castle (2017)
The Nothing Factory (2017)
Out (2017)
Sunbeat (2017)
previous
next
Choose your language en | es | fr | it

PRODUCTION Italy/France

email print share on facebook share on twitter share on google+

Next film by Gianfranco Rosi to be called Mare Nostrum

by 

- The first clapperboard will be slamming in the next few days for the director who won the Golden Lion at the last Venice Film Festival; this time the characters are “counter-marginalised”

Next film by Gianfranco Rosi to be called Mare Nostrum
Gianfranco Rosi

Mare Nostrum [+see also:
film review
trailer
film focus
interview: Gianfranco Rosi
film profile
]
will be the next documentary film by Gianfranco Rosi, who won the Golden Lion at the last Venice Film Festival with Sacro GRA [+see also:
film review
trailer
film focus
interview: Gianfranco Rosi
festival scope
film profile
]
.

Mare Nostrum is a co-production between Italy (80%) and France (the remaining 20%) through Avventurosa, an independent film production company comprising Sara Fgaier, Pietro Marcello and Rosi himself, and Paris-based Les Films d'Ici, which specialises in documentaries. Les Films d'Ici already co-produced Rosi’s El Sicario Room 164 [+see also:
trailer
film profile
]
in 2010 as well as several other Italian titles, including Noi credevamo [+see also:
film review
trailer
film focus
interview: Mario Martone
interview: Mario Martone
film profile
]
by Mario Martone and L'estate di Giacomo [+see also:
trailer
film profile
]
by Alessandro Comodin.

(The article continues below - Commercial information)

The shooting of Mare Nostrum is set to kick off this month and will feature characters that are “counter-marginalised”, in the words of the director – this time in a place that is “culturally distant from Italy”. 

Rosi’s project is among the candidates for the Support Fund for the Development of Co-productions between Italy and France 2014. The subsidy is being awarded for the second year running, following on from the agreement signed in May 2013 by Èric Garandeau, president of the CNC, and Nicola Borrelli, director general for Cinema at the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism (MiBACT).

(Translated from Italian)

ArteKino
Unwanted_Square_Cineuropa_01
 

latest news

 

more news

Newsletter

Follow us on

facebook twitter rss