The Franco-Italian Co-Production Committee selects 7 projects
by Vittoria Scarpa
- 3 Italian and 4 French projects, including new movies by Enzo D’Alò, Costanza Quatriglio and Duccio Chiarini
Seven projects have been selected by the Franco-Italian Support Fund Committee for the development of motion picture co-production between Italy and France, which met on 25 October 2014 in Rome. The Committee selected the winning candidates put forward by CNC and Mibact - Direzione Generale per il Cinema from among the 31 projects that had been presented before 15 September 2014 (19 mainly Italian projects, ten mainly French projects and two equally co-produced projects).
Among the seven projects that will receive funding, three are Italian and four are French (including two projects presented as equal co-productions). In total, the Committee approved funds to the tune of € 250,000.
The selected projects are:
- Hotel Patria by Giuseppe Schillaci (Appel d'air Films, Dugong) - € 40,000
- Il Principe della Città di Sabbia/Le Prince de la Cité des Sables by Enzo D’Alò (Rezo Productions, Cometafilm) - € 50,000
- Nella follia/Dans la foule (In the Crowd) by Jean-Stèphane Sauvaire (Anna Lena Films, Cinemaundici) - € 10,000
- Un paese in Calabria/Un village de Calabre (a town in Calabria) by Shu Aiello, Catherine Catella (Tita Productions, Bo Film) - € 25,000
- Il dubbio/Le doute (Doubt) by Lara Fremder (Mir Cinematografica, Mat Productions) - € 35,000
- L'ospite/L'invité (The Guest) by Duccio Chiarini (Mood Film and Relief, House on Fire) - € 45,000
- Sembra mio figlio/On dirait mon fils (Like my son) by Costanza Quatriglio (Ascent Film, Les Films D'Ici - Méditerranée) - € 45,000
The list of all projects is available here.
The next open date for entries to participate in the Fund will be 15 December 2014 and the deadline for presenting applications will be 16 February 2015. The deliberative session will take place during the month of April 2015, in Paris.
(Translated from Italian)