Script Analysis Service - Cineuropa.org
Do you have a feature film project, a series in development or an animation script and would like a professional’s opinion? Do you have doubts regarding the development of the intrigue? Are you still unsure of how the characters are portrayed? Would you like to know the commercial potential of your script?
The script editors at the Cineuropa.org Script Analysis Service will provide you with the answers to all these questions and more!
Why are an analysis and a script editor important?
Each piece of writing needs to be reviewed on a regular basis by a critical eye that can guide you in the right direction. But perhaps no one around you has the expertise needed to offer you advice on such points as dramaturgy, for example…
In that case, consult the services of a professional writing expert to improve your script!
Cineuropa.org has put together a team of professional script editors who can help you reformulate your ideas and check your work. Members of this team include: Martin Dale (fiction – English, Portuguese), Colin Davis (animation, English, French), Ana Sanz Magallón (fiction – Spanish, English), Elizabeth Verry (fiction and animation – French), Lucie Mollof (fiction – French, English, Italian, German), Lene Borglum (fiction, animation - Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic), Adele Dorothy Ciampa (fiction – English). You can read their profile by clicking on their names.
Scripts can be sent in any one of the four languages of the Cineuropa.org site (English, French, Italian, Spanish), as well as in Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic or German. The scripts can be for cinema or television, fiction or animation, single programmes or a series.
How does the service work?
Writers and producers are asked to send our service a synopsis (maximum 5 pages), along with their script specifying the version of the script (1st / 2nd / 3rd version).
You will receive expert advice on the following points:
- Originality of the project
- Treatment of the genre
- Treatment of the themes
- Analysis of the structure
- Analysis of the characters, their portrayal, their evolution
- Commercial potential, market positioning
Please follow this procedure:
- The writer or producer is asked to send their script and a synopsis of no more than 5 pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the basis of the synopsis and script, the Cineuropa team will evaluate if the project meets the criteria required for an analysis to be carried out.
- If so, the writer or the producer is informed and asked to transfer the sum of €300 to the Cineuropa account (For companies or individuals based in the EU and not registered for VAT, Cineuropa.org is obliged to charge you for it. In this case, the service will cost €363.).
Cineuropa's bank details:
Bank: FORTIS BANQUE
Account number: 001 5237673 40
Account holder: Aisbl Cineuropa 84 Avenue Besme 1190 Brussels, Belgium
IBAN Code: BE 02001523767340
BIC Code: GEBABEBB.
You will also receive an invoice for which you should send us your VAT number.
- An analysis valid from the date of transfer of the expert's fees will be sent to you within two weeks.
- A second analysis for the same script will cost €250.
Good luck with your scriptwriting!
Cineuropa.org is a project co-financed by the European Union Creative Europe MEDIA programme, the Film and Audiovisual Centre of the French Community of Belgium, the Italian Ministry of Culture, the CNC, SwissFilms, ICAA, Luxembourg Film Fund.