Industry report - Animation
Industry Report: Animation
Albert García - producer Nickodemo Animación
Interviewed at the Cartoon Master in Murcia in April 2009, the Spanish producer presented the key reasons of the success of the cartoon web-series "Cálico Electrónico"
Cálico Electrónico. The character was created almost accidentally in the midst of the pre-Youtube era. Originally it was a wizard for an ecommerce website. Nowadays Cálico Electrónico generates a huge following among internet users accumulating thousands of die-hard fans. With Cálico, Noikodemo discovered that word of mouth is still the most credible and effective form of advertising. The production company achieved to monetise the traffic generated with the character. From simple advertising profits on their website, Nikodemo proposed several commercial partnerships: conventional banners with different rate settings (CPM, CPC, CPL), product placement, licensing for brand use, original merchandising, direct content sale via SMS, content rights sales to mobile and TV, and content creation for other brands.
Watch all related videos:
- Conference on Animators Studio
- Conference on Technologies and Production
- Conference Visual Effects and Animation
- Miles Bullough • Head of Broadcast at Aardman Animations
- Adam Eliot • Director of Mary and Max
- Tomm Moore • Director of The Secret Of Kells
- Xavier Rius Planas • Managing Director at Smartclip
- Rasmus A. Sivertsen • Director of Kurt Turns Evil
- Maurice Wheeler • Digital Outlook, marketing expert
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive more stories like this directly in your inbox.