Industry report - Animation
Industry Report: Animation
Maurice Wheeler - Digital Outlook, marketing expert
Interviewed at the Cartoon Master in Murcia in April 2009, Wheeler explains the television market and the way broadcasters are reacting to the Internet competition
Maurice Wheeler is presenting the way Internet can increase animation brands. As time progresses and we all consume different media during our life styles, we have to think of a whole variety of ways of telling a story and the different opportunities you have to talk to somebody. There is a variety of different media who play different parts in the journey, so that you can drive people through the journey using different elements. We have TV, press, events and point of sale. It is important to understand the strengths of each media and how to use them in the different parts of the journey. Obviously digital plays all parts of the journey and there is a reason why digital is so special, mostly because it's consumed in a multiple different types of mindsets.
Watch all related videos:
- Conference on Animators Studio
- Conference on Technologies and Production
- Conference Visual Effects and Animation
- Miles Bullough • Head of Broadcast at Aardman Animations
- Adam Eliot • Director of Mary and Max
- Albert García • Producer Nickodemo Animación
- Tomm Moore • Director of The Secret Of Kells
- Xavier Rius Planas • Managing Director at Smartclip
- Rasmus A. Sivertsen • Director of Kurt Turns Evil
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive more stories like this directly in your inbox.