Second edition of SOFA in Wroclaw
- School of Film Agents workshop in August for young people from Eastern Europe, Germany, the Baltic countries, Greece and Central Asia
Young cinema project developers from Eastern Europe, Germany, the Baltic countries, Central Asia and, for the first time, Greece will participate in a special SOFA (School of Film Agents) workshop that aims to support them in implementing their ideas. This second edition of the workshop will take place between the 15 and 24 August in the Polish city of Wroclaw, European Capital of Culture 2016.
During the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, SOFA director Nikolaj Nikitin presented eight participants for the next edition. They will be invited to display their projects and then work intensively on these under the supervision of experts with solid international experience like Sibylle Kurz (pitching specialist - Germany), Roberto Olla (Eurimages), Ewa Puszczynska (Opus Film - Poland), Renaud Redien-Collot (Novancia Business School - France), Peter Rommel (Peter Rommel Film - Germany) and Katriel Schory (Israel Film Fund – read the interview).
SOFA (School of Film Agents) is a collective project by Filmplus gUG (Cologne) and Fundacja Filmplus (Warsaw), with the city of Wroclaw and the Polish Film Institute. The school was founded by the Foundation for Polish-German Cooperation, the Federal Foreign Office, the International Visegrad Fund, the German fund Film- und Medienstiftung NRW, the Creative Europe Desk Poland, the Alfred Toepfer Foundation and EAVE (European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs). It is also supported by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute, in collaboration with the Goethe-Institut (in Poland, Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Lithuania and Germany) and backed by the Film Commission Poland and the Wroclaw Film Commission.
The list of participants:
- Anna Bielak (Poland – creator of cinema magazine AUR! Magazine – awesome/unique/radical!)
- Dániel Deák (Hungary - Festivalised – Internet guide to cinema festivals, aimed at professionals)
- Kestutis Drazdauskas (Lithuania - FRONT Film Republic of Networked Theaters – digital cinema network)
- Cristian Hordila (Romania - Cluj City Film Fund)
- Marija Stojanovic (Serbia - What I See - Program for Audience Development and Stimulation of Critical Approach in the Field of Audio-Visual Culture and Arts)
- Angeliki Vergou (Greece - Octapus - A delicious new way to watch Greek films – VoD platform)
- Jakub Viktorín (Slovakia - DDS Digital Database of Slovakia: Your Personal Online Library of All Film Content Slovakia can Provide)
- Jonas Weydemann (Germany - Directors Collection – platform for cinema professionals in Europe).
(Translated from French)
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive more stories like this directly in your inbox.