CEE Animation Forum opens call for animated projects and launches new VR category
- For its 2020 edition (5–8 May, Liberec, Czech Republic), the event's organisers have expanded the number of categories, with a submission deadline set for 10 January
The CEE Animation Forum (5–8 May, Liberec, Czech Republic), a co-production pitching, B2B and networking event with the intention to boost the projects' international circulation potential, visibility and their access to a wider European market, has opened its call for projects. For its 2020 edition, the organisers have expanded the number of categories open to animated projects in development. The deadline for submission 10 January 2020.
The call is open in four categories:
- Short Films (maximum length 20 minutes; all stages of development except for concept stage),
- Series and TV Specials (web and TV series of any format and single films, minimum length 20 minutes; all stages of development except for concept stage),
- Feature Films (minimum length 60 minutes; in development or in production),
- VR Immersive Media (VR, AR, 360 and other immersive formats; in development or in production).
The new VR Competition is open to all original works in development and production that use VR technology and explore new kinds of storytelling, regardless of format or device, including 360° films and videos, immersive experiences and installations – whether interactive or not –, VR Theatre, and Room-scale VR projects.
Only producers or other project rights holders can submit projects. The producer and director of the submitted project must be citizens of the EU or of the countries listed here.
Taking place during the Anifilm International Festival of Animated Films (5–10 May 2020), CEE Animation Forum will offer, in addition to the main pitching competition, a number of presentations, debates, networking opportunities, 1:1 meetings and screenings. At the Forum, animation professionals can acquire skills and know-how from other experts from the field as well as useful contacts that will contribute to making their animated project a success.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive more stories like this directly in your inbox.