Europa produce más de mil series y temporadas cada año
- El Observatorio Audiovisual Europeo ha publicado sus últimos datos sobre la producción de ficción televisiva y de plataformas en el continente
Este artículo está disponible en inglés.
Just before the launch of the digital Series Mania online forum, the European Audiovisual Observatory has released its latest figures on the production of TV and streaming fiction in Europe. The report, authored by Gilles Fontaine, head of the Observatory's Department for Market Information, has been supported by the Creative Europe programme. The United Kingdom data is included in the report as the reference period is prior to the country's withdrawal from the European Union.
This new report finds that over 1,000 titles (counting individual film titles and seasons of series as 'one unit') and 13,000 hours of audiovisual fiction were produced in the European Union in 2018:
- The share of 2-13 episodes series increased, while the number of TV films decreased.
- About half the seasons counted are returning series.
- When considering the 2-13 episode TV series, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy and Spain are the largest producers in terms of the number of titles. And Germany is by far the largest producer of TV films.
- Private broadcasters lead the production of TV fiction, all formats considered, as they tend, on average, to favour longer-running soaps and telenovelas. Public broadcasters, in turn, produced more 2-13 episode TV series.
Download the full report here.
¿Te ha gustado este artículo? Suscríbete a nuestra newsletter y recibe más artículos como este directamente en tu email.